El Morro fort/castle.
It’s day 3 here in San Juan, Puerto Rico. That’s three glorious days of warmth and sunshine. Because I don’t have time to write a travel documentary, here are some little appetizing notes for potential travelers.
- Food in touristy places are severely overpriced.
- Public transportation is sorely lacking and taxi drivers are extortionists.
- Knowing some basic Spanish is helpful.
- Walking around with a medium-duty tripod discourages would-be attackers.
- Condado is the place for gays.
- Puerto Rico does have some amazingly gorgeous women
Tomorrow we’re off to an off-shore island — Vieques!